Head of Account Management
ABOUT THE JOB
As the Customer Success Director, you will lead the second phase of the Customer Success function development. Your three main challenges will be:
- To continue a strong expansion and retention of the existing client base in France, and to create the high-tech / low-touch machine to better support the 7000+ SMB clients, while improving profitability over time
- To build a cross-selling strategy on our newly developed bundle products and extend Alma’s commercial success outside BNPL
- To build a European Customer Success organization, launching CS in our foreign markets, adapting to local specificities while ensuring strong coordination across countries
ABOUT THE MISSION
As the Customer Success Director, you’ll report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. Your scope will be global, with a strong initial focus on France before expanding to other European countries. Your main responsibilities will consist of:
Lead & develop an A team of engaged talents
- Empower CS team leaders, coaching and mentoring them to grow in their job and achieve their business target
- Ensure strong engagement in the team, enabling people to flourish and bring out their very best
- Attract and hire A-profiles to constantly raise the bar, contributing to Alma’s employer branding and propelling Alma as an absolute reference in the Customer Success space
- Develop a best-in-class Customer Success academy to ensure fast ramp-up and continuous development of the team members
Refine CS Vision & Strategy
- Refine and embody a compelling vision for the CS team, driving strong alignment within and across teams
- Define the Customer Success strategy, identify key priorities and build the roadmap to achieve strong net-retention on the French market
- Design and launch the European Customer Success organization in collaboration with local markets teams
- Instigate a revenue and margin-driven mindset in the CS organization, and build the cross-sell capabilities to set the foundations for a successful bundle strategy
- Be the voice of B2B clients within Alma’s leadership team, embedding a true merchant-centric culture
Execute the roadmap and deliver on performance
- Participate in defining company targets on revenue growth & profitability
- Manage the overall CS processes and set appropriate metrics to manage the CS funnel
- Improve all major CS metrics including gross/net retention, expansion and satisfaction
- Ensure strong collaboration with key stakeholders: Sales, Revenue Operations, Marketing, Product, Solutions Engineering, Ops, Risk, Partnerships, Legal & Compliance, Finance
- You have 5-10+ years of experience in B2B Customer Success or Account Management, including 5 years in a leadership position (managing 20+ people).
- You have already worked on international expansions and in multicultural context.
- You have previous experience in or related to the Tech/Startup/Scale-up environment.
- You are an inspiring leader - you define compelling visions, bringing people onboard to reach new standards. You are recognized for your strong communication skills.
- You are a talent magnet - you easily attract A talents, you are passionate about engaging and developing people. You have developed a coaching mindset to grow people around you.
- You are obsessed with impact - you keep a close eye on KPIs, with a contagious drive to overachieve targets.
- You are a Customer Success / Account Management expert - you combine a customer obsession with strong commercial skills. You have shown consistent overachievement in revenue and retention targets.
- You thrive in fast-paced environment - you love taking on new challenges and you embrace change. You are able to take decisions based on a limited amount of information.
- You excel at strategic thinking and are ready to dive into the details - you design effective plans to reach business goals, but can also go deep into details to refine a client success plan or close a key recruitment.
- You are fluent in English.