Full Stack Developer
We are hiring a Full Stack Developer
Biome Makers is a global AgTech on a mission to restore soil health! We are a fun, multicultural and energetic team, composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. We preserve the startup mindset of innovation and continue to bring solutions to tackle global challenges. Check out our impact so far through this Report.
Founded in California’s Silicon Valley in 2015, Biome Makers is setting the standard in soil health with BeCrop® technology. We integrate soil microbiology into agricultural decision-making to optimize farming practices and reverse the degradation of arable soils. With labs across the globe, customers on 4 continents, and 1M+ acres of land impacted, Biome Makers has revitalized soil functionality and agricultural sustainability worldwide.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Location: Spain (remote job)
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Implementation of data endpoints.
● Implementation of data models.
● Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end devs with server side logic.
● Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
● Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
● Implementation of security and data protection.
● Degree in computer science or related field.
● Understanding of key design principles.
● Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language PHP.
● Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
● Knowledge of SQL / Postgresql.
● Knowledge or experience building REST APIs.
● Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
● Outputting data in different formats.
● Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
● Understanding or familiarity with OWASP security principles.
● Good problem-solving skills.
● Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
You also have:
● Previous experience of two or more years working with the core technologies.
● User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
● Experience or knowledge of Typescript.
● Experience or studied Laravel framework.
● Appreciation for clean and well documented code.
● English fluency to document, communicate and present the work.
● Knowledge about GIS, maps libraries as Openlayers, and PostGis.
“Working with nature, at the intersection of new age technology and age-old wisdom, is where we will find resilience in agriculture.” - Meri Lillia Mullins, team member at Biome Makers.
Biome Makers is an ecosystem. Our team specializes in soil science, agriculture, business, genetics, biotechnology, computer science, and much more. And we are located all over the world! We are a team with different nationalities: Spain, USA, Canada, France, Argentina, and many other countries. We are a team, focused on a final goal: To promote sustainable agriculture worldwide!
Afterall, soil is alive. It harbors an abundance of life forms that breathe, grow, work together, respond to their environment and perform functions on a community level. Like soil, at Biome Makers, we grow, work together, and perform many functions to support each other and the mission towards soil recovery.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Biome Makers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We'd love to hear from you!