Scientific Python Developer
We are hiring a Scientific Python Developer
Biome Makers is a global AgTech on a mission to restore soil health! We are a fun, multicultural and energetic team, composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. We preserve the startup mindset of innovation and continue to bring solutions to tackle global challenges.
Founded in California’s Silicon Valley in 2015, Biome Makers is setting the standard in soil health with BeCrop® technology. We integrate soil microbiology into agricultural decision-making to optimize farming practices and reverse the degradation of arable soils. With labs across the globe, customers on 4 continents, and 1M+ acres of land impacted, Biome Makers has revitalized soil functionality and agricultural sustainability worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate and highly skilled Python Programmer for the Data Science department with a scientific background and at least 4 years of professional experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Python-based solutions for scientific research, data analysis, and computational modeling. They will work closely with interdisciplinary teams to support various research and development projects.
Location: Spain (remote)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain Python-based applications, scripts, and algorithms for scientific data processing, analysis, and visualization. Ensure the code is efficient, modular, and follows best coding practices.
- Collaborate with scientists to understand their requirements and provide Python solutions that facilitate data analysis, simulations, and modeling.
- Employ optimization techniques to enhance application performance.
- Design and writing automated tests for Python code using testing frameworks.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, and adherence to best practices. Provide constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Create clear and concise documentation for developed Python code, algorithms, and research methodologies. Ensure solutions and procedures are well-documented for future reference and knowledge sharing.
- Timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to company needs
Job competencies & Personal attributes:
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc) with a strong focus on computational methods and programming.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience as a Python Programmer, preferably in a scientific or research-oriented environment.
- English fluency to code, document, communicate and present your work
- Team Player: Excellent collaboration and communication skills to work effectively within interdisciplinary and remote teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and organized documentation.
- Extensive experience with Python programming language and a solid understanding of its data structures, libraries (e.g., NumPy, SciPy, Pandas).
- Ability to conceptualize and solve complex scientific problems using Python-based solutions.
- Continuous Testing and Integration: Demonstrated experience in setting up and maintaining continuous testing and integration pipelines using tools like Jenkins, to automate testing and deployment processes.
- Version Control: Experience with version control systems, preferably Git, to manage codebase and collaborate with team members effectively.
- Experience of SQL
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing platforms and services.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems
- You solve problems with a pragmatic approach, balancing best practices and speed
- Desirable: coding R knowledge
Best Perks in the Industry
- Competitive Salary
- Remote Work Environment
- Flexible Scheduling Hours
- Fridays pms off
- Coworking Spaces available
- Competitive & Quick Growth Path
- Professional Development & Education Opportunities
- Cross-department Support
“Working with nature, at the intersection of new age technology and age-old wisdom, is where we will find resilience in agriculture.” - Meri Lillia Mullins, team member at Biome Makers.
Biome Makers is an ecosystem. Our team specializes in soil science, agriculture, business, genetics, biotechnology, computer science, and much more. And we are located all over the world! We are a team with different nationalities: Spain, USA, Canada, France, Argentina, and many other countries. We are a team, focused on a final goal: To promote sustainable agriculture worldwide!
After all, soil is alive. It harbors an abundance of life forms that breathe, grow, work together, respond to their environment and perform functions on a community level. Like soil, at Biome Makers, we grow, work together, and perform many functions to support each other and the mission towards soil recovery.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Biome Makers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We´d love to hear from you!