Senior Data Engineer - Analytics
About the position:
At Cabify we are a data-driven company. Our team builds and develops a huge data warehouse where the Data Analytics team can find not only raw data, but also complex etls processes to provide the insights they need.
But where can I see all that data? We have a Tableau server instance that contains thousands of workbooks and is consulted by hundreds of users every day. We manage that instance so we work hard to make sure everything works properly. We also created, and keep on creating, tooling around Tableau and our data warehouse, in order to keep on improving the way our users interact with data.
At Data Engineering we manage our own cloud infrastructure (AWS). Our in-house etls platform has more than 400 processes (Python, Airflow, Redshift, S3, Spectrum, Glue, RDS, BigQuery, DBT) that we visualize with our Tableau server cluster (Tableau Server Linux, Ec2, Python, Airflow).
We are looking for new members, and this is how you will play an important part in helping us achieve our mission:
- Evolve and maintain our in-house ETL platform, ensuring that the data is easily accessible, reliable, and accurate
- Evolve and maintain our Tableau platform, aiming to maximize the performance of both the server and its data sources
- Evolve and maintain our monitoring and alert system to be able to react quickly to errors.
- Helping data analysts to maximize the value of the data through engineering solutions.
- Manage and evolve our infrastructure
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our principles, we take this very seriously.
- 3+ years of tenure in coding and delivering complex data engineering projects.
- 5+ years of work experience in python.
- 2+ years of tenure in sql and delivering data modeling projects.
- know and use software engineering patterns/good practices
- knowledge in:
- Orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi, or Dagster.
- Cloud infrastructures (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Container Platforms like Docker or Kubernetes
- Desirable knowledge:
- Visual analytics platforms (Tableau, Power BI, QuickSight…)
- Automation/IaC tools (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible…)
- Storage technologies (file-based, relational, columnar, document-based, key-value...)
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
⌚ On-site/hybrid position at our Madrid HQ (depends on the group)
💶Excellent Salary conditions: L4 up to €72k
🏝️Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly off!
🌍Our office is located in Madrid.
⌚Flexible work environment & hours.
🙌Regular team events.
🚗Cabify staff free rides.
🚀Personal development programs based on our career paths.
📚Annual budget for training
🧘♀️ iFeel: Free access to the iFeel platform, so you can take care of your emotional well-being through therapy sessions.
📐Coursera: your own license in Coursera to take as many courses as you wish and continue developing your skills.
💳Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
💻All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
🐱A pet room ,so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
☕️And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!