Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Capchase, recognised as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2023, empowers SaaS companies to grow faster through access to capital & revenue management tools. We have been acknowledged by Forbes North America’s best startups and also featured among Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2023. To carry out our mission, we've received $700M+ in equity and debt funding from some of the best fintech investors QED (Nubank, Klarna), 01 Advisors (Tipalti, Master Class), Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square), SciFI (Stripe, Brex), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable).
In a little over three years, we’ve provided billions in funding to thousands of companies, expanded operations to ten countries in the US and Europe, and grown our team from four co-founders in May 2020 to 130 Capchasers today.
Since our launch in 2020, we’ve achieved several milestones:
➡ 4K+ companies registered
🏃 5,000 plus months additional runway generated
🙌 Over 120 Capchasers working across 14 cities around the world representing over 20 nationalities
🌎 10 countries in which we operate
📈 250% annual company growth
👫 Built an awesome culture.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us scale this growing team to the next level. Over the last 6 months, we've grown at an unprecedented rate, crushing every target set by external investors, and reaching ARR levels beyond that of a typical 3-4 year-old startup. As we continue to we want ambitious, experienced, and passionate Engineering Managers to drive our tech people and processes closer to excellence.
You'll solve hard problems and have deep impact on the end-product. Expect to work in a fast-paced environment, with amazing engineers who believe in our mission. We're looking for passionate engineers who love building and learning.
🚀 The Job
- You'll be working at a product-driven company, designing and implementing lean product-building processes that will allow us to iterate quickly, efficiently and without hiccups.
- You'll work hand in hand with product to understand our resourcing needs in accordance to our evolving roadmap.
- We believe motivated, experienced developers paired with hungry, brilliant junior engineers is a recipe for success. You'll be sourcing, building and guiding these teams as we scale Tech by 2-3x over the next 6 months.
- You'll make decisions on how teams are organized and how they will operate, establishing their objectives, and reporting on their performance. If there are bottlenecks, your role will be to find and eliminate them.
- You'll ensure the team is comfortable and each person has the tools they need to thrive and grow at Capchase. You'll help define and evolve our 1:1 processes to keep the team happy and productive.
- You'll build upon our culture of engineering excellence, passion for building, sense of ownership and intellectual humility.
- You can get your hands dirty and dive into our codebase to find new tools, processes or technologies that will make us move faster or more robustly.
- We know for a fact that talent attracts talent. We'd love for you to help bring on board the people you've most enjoyed working with.
- You'll grow quickly with the company.
🧠 The Requirements
- You've lead fast-paced Engineering teams in similar startup roles. +3-5 years experience in the management track is ideal.
- You know how to attract and retain the best talent. You've hired excellent engineers in previous companies.
- You've experienced (whether as a manager or an engineer) a fast growth phase in a startup. You've seen the hurdles of fast-scaling team, and learned how to avoid them.
- We're looking for a great engineer who understands the technology and processes, that wants to be a great Manager of future stars.
- You have a track of delivering consistently when building complex multi-year solutions.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills, especially around complex data-driven topics.
- You are familiar with fintech/payment platforms and/or SaaS.
- English is a must because we have team members from different countries.
💡 Extra Credit
- Experience running remote teams across geographies and cultures.
- You've worked with JS frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue, React). We use React.
- You know NodeJS well.
- Experience with building, testing and deploying performant APIs, and integrating with many 3rd party APIs.
- You're very familiar with automated tests. Jest and Cypress would be a plus.
- You've built and maintained DBs.
- You understand CI/CD, build and deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, Github Actions) and monitoring systems.
- Experience with Docker or containers in general.
📊 Useful info
- 100% remote (not that there is much of a choice these days 😅). We do have offices in Madrid and Barcelona, so if you are in the area you can — optionally — work from there.
- Flexible hours and paid-time-off policy.
- Stock options.
- Check our Tech blog!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.