Jr Accountant ( Spain )
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Capchase, recognised as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2023, empowers SaaS companies to grow faster through access to capital & revenue management tools. We have been acknowledged by Forbes North America’s best startups and also featured among Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2023. To carry out our mission, we've received $700M+ in equity and debt funding from some of the best fintech investors QED (Nubank, Klarna), 01 Advisors (Tipalti, Master Class), Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square), SciFI (Stripe, Brex), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable).
In a little over three years, we’ve provided billions in funding to thousands of companies, expanded operations to ten countries in the US and Europe, and grown our team from four co-founders in May 2020 to 130 Capchasers today.
Since our launch in 2020, we’ve achieved several milestones:
➡ 4K+ companies registered
🏃 5,000 plus months additional runway generated
🙌 Over 120 Capchasers working across 14 cities around the world representing over 20 nationalities
🌎 10 countries in which we operate
📈 250% annual company growth
👫 Built an awesome culture.
Capchase is looking for a top-tier Junior Accountant to join our team. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience within a growing company and have exposure to Capchase leadership. This role will support the Finance and Admin team in critical analysis of financial activities as well as timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. We're looking for a critical thinker and structured problem solver who can help our team get to the next level!As a junior accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining, preparing, and reconciling accounts and other financial documents. This position will require you to have a broad understanding of basic accounting principles and excellent communication skills.
- Manage daily worldwide vendor bills and payments with proper approvals and entering them into the vendor management system.
- Assist preparation of financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Support team in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist with team Spain’s and UK administrative tasks and other duties
- Reconcile various multi currency bank accounts daily by compiling and balancing financial information.
- Entering journal entries in NetSuite with proper supporting documentation.
- Maintain accounting records of subsidiary branches using balance sheet analysis and general ledger accounts
- Helps secure sensitive financial data by assisting other team members with database creation and maintenance
- Corrects accounting errors and posts journal entry adjustments
- Prepares fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Responsible for preparing monthly prepaid schedules
- Responsible for completing daily feeds for Ramp credit card software.
- Managing the team's credit card account, identifying any missing receipts and seeking proper approvalsResponsible for daily sweeps and managing cash reports
- Expands knowledge base by participating in educational programs and reading accounting publications
- BA/BS degree accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
- Minimum two years of prior accounting (especially focus on payroll and tax) experience
- Experience with performing financial statement audits or has assisted in the audit process
- Self-starter able to manage workloads and balance competing high priority tasks in a fast-paced startup environment
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and excellent organizational skills
- Dedication to continual improvement; strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive) is a necessity
- Experience with NetSuite or a Cloud Accounting software preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Hybrid role 3 days in office presence required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.