Project Manager - New Business - CDI
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (350+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 14 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
While Descartes has achieved major milestones since its inception (member of the Next40, one of the largest Series B in the InsurTech Space, international footprint), a taskforce has been set up to support its future development. You would join the Strategy and New Business Team to identify additional growth drivers and help set them up. This role is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to explore nearly all facets of a Tech start-up at the forefront of innovation in insurance.
- Based on the Business Lines identified by senior management, conduct deep-dive analysis on sales & distribution, reinsurance, resources identification, operations, licenses, etc.;
- Propose actionable recommendations based on market analysis to launch the product;
- Plan project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks and assigning team members to various deliverables while upholding the company’s standards;
- Actively contribute to the fulfillment of the project by contacting external stakeholders (brokers, experts) to enrich the discussions;
- Actively contribute to the fulfillment of the project by producing documents and studies when required, on various topics (guidelines, questionnaires, product presentation material, interview minutes, product approval documentation);
- Accurately document the project’s creation, development, and execution.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed a master’s degree from a Business / Engineering school / University;
- Previous experience in consulting or strategy is highly desired;
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services is valued.
- Fluency in French and English (written and verbal communication) required;
- Excellent organizational abilities, proven ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Eye for quality and attention to detail;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel.
- Ability to take a proactive hands-on approach to solving current and forthcoming problems;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry and committed to the organization’s mission;
- Autonomy and ownership in his / her work;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- You can benefit from a punctual home office days.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.