Project Manager - Strategy - CDI
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (350+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 13 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
While Descartes has achieved major milestones since its inception (member of the Next40, one of the largest Series B in the InsurTech Space, international footprint), a taskforce has been set up to support its future development. You would join the Strategy and New Business team to identify additional growth drivers and help set them up. This role is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to explore nearly all facets of a Tech start-up at the forefront of innovation in insurance.
- Perform analysis on selected business lines in order to comprehensively value opportunities (market sizing, trends and growth drivers, product description, competitive landscape, etc.);
- Gather and organize facts and data from a variety of information sources including internal stakeholders and external experts, clients and partners, to support such analysis;
- Present findings on New Business lines to potential to key stakeholders (New Business Leads, senior management, Board of Directors…) in a clear and structured way;
- Conduct strategic watch as required (competition, M&A targets).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed a master’s degree from a Business / Engineering school / University;
- Previous experience in consulting or strategy is highly desired;
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services is highly desired.
- Fluency in French and English (written and verbal communication) required;
- Eye for quality and attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability and willingness to clearly articulate ideas;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel.
- Willing to conduct thorough and detailed qualitative analysis (market sizing, business line analysis…) by gathering and structuring data;
- Inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn more about the insurance industry;
- Commitment to the organization’s mission;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Autonomy and ownership in his / her work;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- You can benefit from home office days.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.