🤔 Short Description: You will be responsible for outbound sales prospecting, generating and qualifying new leads, and moving them through the sales pipeline until they’re ready to talk to our account executives.
You will have value-adding conversations with our future customers and lead them through the sales cycle. As a quota carrier, you will bring new weekly meetings.
🏌️♂️ Three Core Skills: (i) Process oriented, organised & numbers driven (ii) Ability to multitask, working on several deals in parallel and keeping track of your pipeline (iii) Active listening, speaking customer’s language, leading conversations & objection handling
😎 One Requirement: Be ‘cool’
🗣 Language Requirements: Spanish + advanced English
📌 Location: Perú (Lima)
😀 Start date: ASAP
What makes Payflow unique?
The 21st century is the start of the on-demand revolution. Booking an Uber takes 2 seconds from your phone. Ordering a Glovo takes 5 seconds. Starting your favourite series takes an instant on your TV. And now, accessing your salary can be the same.
Payflow’s mission is simple - we aim to bring financial wellbeing to everybody through financial education and access to fair and socially responsible financial products - offering employees the revolutionary social benefit that allows them to access their earned wages instantly, rather than waiting until payday. In addition, our product Flexflow allows all employees to buy services and products with savings up to 25%, and therefore having up to 1.000 euros extra liquidity per year.
- Is it challenging? Of course yes 🎯
- Are we ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen? Yes - to the moon and beyond 🚀
- Want to be part of this amazing team? Join us!
Ok, but what is the SDR role about?
Our VP of sales will mentor our SDR. As an SDR (Sales Development Representative), you will be part of a larger international team of around 40 people (more than 15 nationalities).
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, and resilient SDR who is hungry to participate in growing the next successful Y-Combinator venture.
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- Represent our company’s products: starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to customer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Generate leads and build relationships: by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential sales outlets
- Prioritize clients and define approach mechanism: Define and segment clients based on relevance and priorities
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for the next steps
- Reach out to new leads: Research and evaluate additional leads/prospects through creative research (web, databases, calls, LinkedIn, partners etc)
- Prepare reports and keep track of sales cycle: Weekly and monthly reports to keep track of progress and sales funnel
- Conducting business dealings in a professional, proactive manner as the first point of contact with our customers
- Engaging with customers via telephone and email to analyse their needs
- Cold calling and email to generate new opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
What do we offer?
- Early promotion to Full Time if you meet your objectives the first 6 months
- Be part of one of the best 15 companies to work for in Peru
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, there is plenty of room for personal and professional development.
- A clear career plan so that if you perform well, you can get promoted.
- Be part of one of the first start-ups in Peru to be part of Y-Combinator and help us to continue in hyper-growth mode, in Peru and beyond
- The opportunity to learn a lot. If you are ambitious and like winning, there is no better place to grow and improve
- Benefits as gym membership, health insurance, streaming platforms and much more.
- A young and ambitious team that knows when to work but also when to have fun (company events, weekly lunches, beers😀🍻, etc.)
- Off-site events to celebrate (e.g. ‘Retreats) when we meet our objectives as a team
- 15 days of holidays + 4 additional days of holidays for team building activities.
Sounds cool! What are we looking for?
More than everything else, we are looking for someone excited to join us and excited to help us to reach our challenging objectives. We are working hard to reach our goals, and we expect you to do the same!
This is a description of our ‘ideal candidate’:
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to do whatever
- Achieve monthly qualified lead/meeting quotas
- Highly motivated for a career in sales and results-oriented
- An engaging and effective communicator
- Detail-oriented, tenacious, responsible and self-motivated
- Experience generating warm leads via cold calling, LinkedIn messaging, and other sales tools
- Ability to learn quickly and familiarity with metric-driven sales
- Interest in social impact, employee benefits, and/or payments technology
Any other tips for the interview?
The process we use is the following:
Round 1: 15 mins - Carlota, Talent Manager - Motivation to join and test your selling ability. We will test your motivation to join Payflow, your previous experience, your understanding of our product, and your role.
Round 2: 45 mins - Fede, SVP of Growth- Role plays in your day-to-day as an SDR
Round 3: 30 mins - Benoit, co-founder - Culture, values and some additional role plays in day-to-day as SDR
Want some TIPS for your interview? We like winning! And we want you to be the same! That’s why our core values spell TIPS.
Sounds weird? Here are the whys:
Try: Say ‘yes’ before ‘no’ ✅
Improve: Never Settle 🚀
Push: Work hard but smart 🤓
Smile: Good vibes only 😊
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!
Read more about Payflow (YC S21)
Payflow becomes the best-funded earned wage access startup in the EU
Payflow gets into Y Combinator
Payflow wins the Premios Emprendedores XXI
Payflow is one of the Best Places to Work in Peru
Official web page
Other press articles