Sales Account Executive - KAM
HIRING Sales Account Executive - Perú
🤔 Short Description: You will drive your own deals from Qualified Leads to Payflow Customers. As a quota-carrier you will bring New MRR & deliver growth.
You will have value-adding conversations with our future customers and lead them through the sales cycle.
🏌️♂️ Three Core Skills: (i) Process oriented, organized & numbers driven (ii) Ability to multitask, working on several deals in parallel and keeping track of your pipeline (iii) Active listening, speaking customers language, leading conversations & objection handling
😎 One Requirement: Be ‘cool’
🗣 Language Requirements: Native-level Spanish + advanced English
📌 Location: Lima, Perú. On site at one of our offices but with multiple customer visits.
😀 Start date: ASAPWhat makes Payflow unique?
The 21st century is the start of the on-demand revolution. Booking an Uber takes 2 seconds from your phone. Ordering a Glovo takes 5 seconds. Starting your favourite series takes an instant on your TV. And now, accessing your salary can be the same.
Payflow’s mission is simple - we aim to bring financial wellbeing to everybody through financial education and access to fair and socially responsible financial products - offering employees the revolutionary social benefit that allows them to access their earned wages instantly, rather than waiting until payday. In addition, our product Flexflow allows all employees to buy services and products with savings up to 25%, and therefore having up to 1.000 euros extra liquidity per year.
- Is it challenging? Of course yes 🎯
- Are we ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen? Yes - to the moon and beyond 🚀
- Want to be part of this amazing team? Join us!
As an Account Executive, you will be one of the first ten hires in our rapidly-growing Peruvian team. You will also be part of a larger international team of around 70 people (more than 15 nationalities). Your goal will be to close deals with medium-sized accounts and Enterprise (i.e. from 100 employees to +10000). You’ll be a quota carrier with responsibility for delivering monthly growth.
As a hunter, you will push hard to help the Sales department meet the MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) objectives. You will report directly to and be mentored by Andrés (our Head of Sales, ex-Glovo, ex-Betterfly).
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- Convert Qualified Leads into Customers. Our killer Sales Development Representatives will generate opportunities with qualified prospects (e.g. General Managers, HR Directors, CFOs, etc.) at target companies. You will lead those value adding conversations from demo to contract signature.
- Own your quota, manage your pipeline & deliver growth. You are responsible for delivering monthly growth and meeting your objectives. Your Sales Dev & Marketing teams will collaborate with the pipeline, but you are ultimately responsible for your quota. If the pipeline is not enough, we are also hunters.
- Manage high volume, prioritize and deliver. Working in the Mid Market & Enterprise segments, you should expect mid to high volume. Qualifying is key. We expect you to be able to prioritize high prob opportunities, focus appropriately and deliver your MRR objectives.
- Forecast accurately. Good sales executives deliver revenue. Great sales executives deliver predictable revenue. Keep your CRM up to date, your room should be clean.
- Lead high-level conversations with relevant stakeholders. We sell to General Managers, Business Owners, HR Directors or CFOs. We expect you to be able to lead conversations with senior stakeholders, speak their language and communicate our value proposition.
- Work with the Implementations team to implement payroll integrations. You can count on the support & technical knowledge of the Implementations team, but you will still be ultimately responsible for your customers fully implementing our solution
- Collaborate with the Operations team. At Payflow, we work as one team. After your Sales processes are done, you will handover to the appropriate Ops Manager so they can take care of communicating the value that Payflow brings to the client’s employees
- Help mentoring our team of Sales Development Representatives. Share your knowledge, help develop your colleagues.
In short, the Account Executive role is very important for Payflow’s future. We are a Series A stage start-up, so be prepared to get your hands dirty and grow fast!What do we offer?
- Full-time contract with competitive base salary + uncapped & very competitive variable salary (No limit to your earnings, on targets your total compensation will be more than double your base salary)
- A category and market leader product, so that you can overachieve your quota and make lots of money.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, there is plenty of room for personal and professional development.
- A clear sales career plan so that if you perform well, you can get promoted often.
- Employee benefits (e.g. Payflow, etc)
- Be part of one of the best start-ups in Perú, part of Y-Combinator, and help us to continue in hyper-growth mode, in Perú and beyond
- The opportunity to learn a lot. If you are ambitious and like winning, there is no better place to grow and improve
- A young and ambitious team that knows when to work but also when to have fun (company events, weekly lunches, beers😀🍻, etc.)
- Off-site events to celebrate (e.g. ‘Retreats) when we meet our objectives as a team
- 15 days of holidays + 4 additional days for team building activities.
This is a description of our ‘ideal candidate’:
- 2+ years of experience working as a B2B Account Executive
- Experience as a quota carrier with demonstrated success.
- Experience negotiating and closing contracts.
- Experience building strong C-level relationships with potential clients.
- Experience selling SaaS or subscription-based products is a plus.
- Experience at fast-growing companies, start-ups or scale-ups (e.g. Pedidos Ya, Glovo, Uber, Betterfly) is a strong plus.
- Experience selling to hospitality, manufacturing, BPOs, logistics and/or retail clients is a strong plus.
- Keen to learn and improve, not afraid to try new things and take feedback is a must.
- Want to work hard and get things done is a must.
Any other tips for the interview?
The process we use is the following:
- Round 1: 15 mins - Fede (SVP of Growth) - We will test your motivation to join Payflow, your previous experience, your understanding of our product and our role.
- Round 2: 45 mins - Fede (SVP of Growth) - We will send you a briefing e-mail and you will do a role play exercise during the call where you will explain your understanding of the target customer, your pipeline management skills and lead a sales call
- Round 3: Avinash (Co-founder) - 45 mins - We will test your cultural fit, drive, previous experience and anything else we felt we missed in the first two rounds!
- We will do Round 1 on video conference. We will do at least one out of Round 2 and 3 in-person at our Lima offices.
Want some TIPS for your interview? We like winning! And we want you to be the same! That’s why our core values spell TIPS.
Sounds weird? Here’s why:
Try: Say ‘yes’ before ‘no’ ✅
Improve: Never Settle 🚀
Push: Work hard but smart 🤓
Smile: Good vibes only 😊
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!
Read more about Payflow (YC S21)
Payflow becomes the best-funded earned wage access startup in the EU
Payflow gets into Y Combinator
Payflow wins the Premios Emprendedores XXI
Payflow is one of the Best Places to Work in Spain
Official web page
Other press articles
How to post Read more about Payflow (YC S21) on LinkedIn:
Payflow becomes the best-funded earned wage access startup in the EU:
Payflow gets into Y Combinator:
Payflow wins the Premios Emprendedores XXI:
Payflow is one of the Best Places to Work in Spain:
Official web page:
Other press articles: