Bidirectional Firmware Engineer Intern
Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We do this by creating smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona and selling already in over 80+ countries, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 1K Wallboxers from over 45 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas!
We’re the first Spanish unicorn listed on the NYSE and have been recently named among LinkedIn’s top 3 Spanish startups.
At Wallbox you come first, so we offer a tailored career plan that aligns with your professional goals.
Our journey is not plain sailing - it requires proactive, flexible, and top-performing individuals who are committed to the world of sustainable mobility. But one thing is for sure - it's going to be a fun ride!
The question is: are you ready to change the world with us?
- Collaborate in fixing bugs in current implementations if any
- Design new features and algorithms for the bidirectional DC EV charging systems
- Verify the system functionality and debug/troubleshoot issues if any
- Write down engineering firmware documentation such as firmware designs and technical reports
- Work in an interdisciplinary engineering environment (HW/FW/SW/MEC)
- About to finish Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Subjects taken related to DSP-based and mainstream microcontrollers, communication buses (CAN, SPI, UART), communication protocols (Modbus, CANopen), EV charging systems.
- Trained in FW development tools such as environmental tools for compilation and debugging.
- Skilled working with C programming language for microcontrollers.
- Know-how of basic HW electronics.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Shows valuable soft skills for the job as teamwork, communication, problem solving, methodological, transparency, adaptable to changes, autonomy.
Nice to Have:
- Nice to have knowledge in Python programming language, use of laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes and gitlab.
- Internship agreement of six months with the opportunity extend based on performance.
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work
- Friday´s afternoons off!
- Unlimited coffee to fuel your mornings.
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events.
- International environment: Over 45 different nationalities.
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween.
Please submit your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.